Saturday, December 13, 2008

We charged to Prophet....

Last night Mom, Cathy, Patti, Andy, Jeni and I went to the Christmas Concert at the Conference Center. Our seats were right up front to the right of the stage. We were sitting there and President Monson came walking out the door just next to us. So Patti and I both walked to the end of the isle and up jumps the security guard. He yelled at Patti to stop and then stood right in front of us trying to not let us see or get close to our Prophet. It was amazing that place in a matter of seconds was silent and everyone just stood there watching this powerful man and his family. The concert was wonderful..Mom and Cathy enjoyed a little more because the guest Brian Stokes Mitchell...very strongly resembles Johnny Matthis.

4 comments:

Patti Epperson said...

I think saying that we "walked" over towards the prophet is putting it nicely.

Annie said...

I am so jealous! I saw that guy in New York on Broadway and he is amazing. sadly I didn't get tickets this year. I bet it was amazing. I love Johnny Mathis too so I would have loved it more too.

kristen said...

I liked the song he sang about the manger animals!!! It was a little cheesy but when he came to the dove part I was sold. It was a great concert. Greg and I went on saturday.

The Brown's said...

glad you got to go! We went with quinette armstrong on thursday. Did you see brian playing the cello? hope you are feeling ok