Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Sore Throat?

Last Monday my little girl Kate got Strep throat. All she wanted to do was be held which I didn't mind since she is getting so big. Although she is a pretty whinney patient, I felt bad for her. By Monday night I told Rod that my throat was starting to hurt, but was ok to go and play softball. During the middle of the night/early Tuesday morning I woke up because my throat was hurting so bad. I had the chills and so at 1 am I got up and got in the bath, but we have a rinky-dinky tub so it made me more cold. I got out and went downstairs not to wake my husband. Then around 3 I went for another bath......needless to say I wasn't feeling well.

That morning I called my mom and she said to just come down and she gave me a strep shot, but by that night I was not feeling any better. I woke up Wed. morning feeling worse then the day before. My mom came and got me and took me down to her dr.'s office and then sent me right over to the ENT for another look. Well, I had an abcessed tonsil...WHAT! The doctor said she wanted to drain it and relieve some of the pressure. Nothing came out...are you kinding me you just stuck and needle in my tonsil and nothing comes out. She said that this is serious and I am admitting you for 48 hours in the hospital. The only way to clear this is through IV antibiotics. So for the next 48 hours I stayed in pain at the hospital for a REALLy bad infection and a REALLY sore throat. George Washington actually died from this very thing I had.
Thanks to my wonderful husband and wonderful family that has helped take care of me and my girls.
I have an wonderful husband and I hope he knows how much I love him and appreciate all he does and has done for me. I love You Babe!
I have a follow up dr's appt. tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristie told me about that. I am so sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hope your feeling better