Thursday, May 1, 2008

I miss Rob....

This morning while making breakfast for my girls. Kate started crying and I asked what was wrong and she said "I miss Uncle Robbie" I said I did too. We both sat and cried at the table. She talks about Robbie and missing him all the time, but this was the first I has seen her cry about it. As a parent you hate to see your children be sad, but this was especially hard. I miss my brother so much. I don't miss the not seeing him reguraly, because Rob and Patti lived away, but I miss talking to him. I miss and hate the fact that I won't hear his voice again for a very very long time. I am so grateful for all the memories I have in my head of him and I can hear his laugh and so many things remind me of him. Sorry for blabbing on and on, but it has just been on my mind and I needed to write it....I MISS HIM!
Here is a link to the website of Rob's story caringbridge

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope that you can always hear his laugh. And that Kate will always remember how great her Uncle Robbie was. Love you guys!

Courtney said...

We miss him too and we saw and talked to him a lot less frequently then you did! Kate is a sweet little girl.

Annelise said...

That breaks my heart. It was sad for me so I can't imagine how sad it is for you. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry Erin. I felt so bad when I heard about your brother. It's so nice to know the whole plan of salvation though. I can't imagine losing a loved one without the gospel.

Dee Dee Cox said...

We all miss him. In fact I dreamed about him last night. It was so real.

Anonymous said...

So it made me cry just reading your comments. I know that I didn't know him that well, but I sure do remember the Sunday Dinners. There are two things inparticular that I remember. One, is when we were eating dinner, all of your brothers, would take turns naming a sport and the event and challenge each other to guess the date. Or name a sport and the date, and guess what the award was etc...etc...It was so funny how competitive they were, and how each of them always thought that they were the ones with the right answer. The other thing that I remember is the way that Rob would look at Pattie. I will always remember that. He one time just gave her a little wink as the two boys were playing around, and I just remember thinking, "When I get married, and have kids, I hope that I will still be that in love". I am sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even begin to fathom how hard it must be. Just know that you and your family are in our prayers. Take Care. -Tiff