Monday, September 14, 2009

Really for a dime....

Today after dropping Kate at dance I decided to go to the store. I had Hank and Meggie with me and during the shopping trip Meg found a dime in my purse. After shopping I was putting Hank into the car and Meg dropped her dime on the ground. She was trying to reach for it from the cart and saying "my money, my money". I told her let me put Hank in the car seat and I will get it for you. I turned around and was going to get her money and notice a lady reaching down to pick up the dime. I thought oh that is nice of her to get that...then she puts it in her pocket and walks away.... Meg just looked at her and I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. Then we got in the car and Meg started crying saying "my money, mommy, my money."
I guess this recession is really hitting people hard???

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

ok you have got to be kidding?? Who steals a dime from a little person? Tell Meggie I will throw some money over the fence for her:)

Kristy said...

You just send Meg right on over to my house and I'll give her all my pennies and dimes.

Anonymous said...

That is really fun and sad at the same time. I hope you stared her down after that one. I know I would.

Bennett Family said...

That is hilarious...WOW I guess we have some hard times ahead.