Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hawaii in the rain

Rod and I went to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary.
We were expecting to sit on the beach and sunbathe.
But the weather was planning something different.
It rained everyday. Most days it would come and go but the last two it never stopped.
We planned a fun 4 hours tree-top zipline tour we got all geared up.
and then the rain started again......
Our guides asked if we all wanted to continue. We all did.
We were soaked but still enjoyed our time swinging like monkeys in the trees.
There were 10 people in our group and had a wonderful time with them.
The course included 7 zips and 4 bridges.
All at 85-100 feet above the ground.
I would definately recommend zipping.




There were roosters and chicken everywhere.
When I say everywhere I really mean EVERYWHERE!

We found this really cool cave.
Waterfalls. We were just getting out of the car and the rain started so we waited a minute.
Out of car.
Snap. Rain starts. Run back to car.
Everyone I have talked to love Kuaui, but because of the rain we aren't sure if we will return.
Maybe someday we will give it a try again.
Although I talked a lot about the rain. We still had a wonderful time.
Thanks Sarah and Jimmy and Linzi...so nice to know our kids were taken care of.
I love you honey. Thanks for a wonderful week. Even with the rain. I love being with you.
I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It makes me so sad that your vacay was ruined by rain. So sorry.