Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Again...Are you kidding me

I will fulling admit this has not been my year with medical issue, but the years isn't over so why not add another thing.
Good news: Rod and I are expecting a new baby!
Bad news: Friday night I started to bleed and after going to the hospital have found out I have sub chriotonic (sp?) hemorrhage (aka- torn placenta). We were planning on telling anyone we were pregnant until this week, but had to a little early. The bleeding has stopped, but the placenta isn't healed. I was told that I no longer need to be on strict bed rest, but if I can be down that is best. I was told that I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I was told to not put any pressure on my pelvis because it could tear more and then deplete that oxygen from the baby and the baby could still pass from a miscarriage. I was told the simple things like laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning is not ok...not a bad thing...right...wrong.
It is so stressful for my husband he has been so good to me. Thankfully this weekend is Thanksgiving and he will be home and we can have some rest.
We are also suppose to be packing and out of our house in a couple week...good timing...I know!
I am doing ok. I don't feel sick I just have to make sure and be really careful not to cause anymore harm.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Erin, I feel so bad for you. I wish that I lived closer so I could help you out. When are you due?

Karen said...

Erin, I am so sorry! I had the same thing when I was pregnant with Evelyn and it was a pain in the butt because you feel ok and you just have to sit around while your family needs you and your husband tries to do everything and gets super stressed out. It is one of the most frusterating things. Again I am sorry I wish I could help. But congratulations anyway.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. That is awesome. Not so awesome that you have to take it easy. I don't know that there is such thing as "taking it easy" when you are a mom. That has got to be so hard. Especially if you feel o.k. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I am constantly going to either Costco, Smith, Wal Mart, or Target, etc...so if you need me to pick anything up, your house is totally on the way. Let me know. REALLY! Good Luck. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted as you get futher along.

Annie said...

I am close! Please Call me when you need something.

The Brown's said...

Erin we are so excited for you to have another baby! You know that i will do whatever you need please call me!

Courtney said...

I wish I was closer to help! It's hard to sit and watch the world go by but do the best you can.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
First of all-Congrats! I am so sorry. I hate having to lay around like that. Please take it easy and let's get together again soon.

Bennett Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am more then willing to come up and hang out at your house. Tre would love to play with katers. Seriously just call or Rod, you can call if you need a break.