Sunday, September 26, 2010

Where's Hank


So today I had one of the worst nightmares happen to me and at church none the less. After sacrament was over I started walk toward the back and needed a paper signed. I put down Hank right next to Rod and Meg and got my signature. Then Rod asks "where is Hank" He was just right here. He was gone. I frantically ran to the front of the chapel and started searching. By this time I can't keep the tears from my eyes and the worst thoughts coming to my mind. Friends started looking for my little Hank. We started opening doors and practically running through the church. My friend Kristy saw a police officer standing outside of the bishops offices and started down that way. Then she heard him screaming and pounding the door. He had gone into one of offices next to the bishops and closed the door. He was probably only in there for 5-10 minutes but it sure felt like and eternity. I could tell that he was scared, but a flood of gratitude washed over me. My sweet boy was ok. He had not been taken, but was just a speedy little kid looking around. I hope I never have this feeling again. Although I know I probably will, but for now he is home and in his crib and safe.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I think that is the worst feeling you can experience as a parent. I'm glad Hank was safe and sound. Emily was cute yesterday telling everyone how baby Hank was lost but she found him.