Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Like my mom....


If you asked my brothers and husband they would say I am my mom, but I don't think that is a bad thing. The older I get the more and more like my mom I am becoming. I was thinking tonight that the stage I am in in my life is a lot like my moms when she was expecting me.
*She turned 30 just 18 days before I was born -I just turned 30 and will have my baby in the next 4 weeks.
*Her first two children were the same sex and then the third was different - same as me
*When I cough I sound like her and I think we can sound the same when we talk
*According to Andy we have the exact same hair color even though I know that isn't true
*We both say " we don't do that" in response to something our children want to do they shouldn't -Aj still hates this response
I know there and a lot more things my brothers and husband could come up with. I just hope my mom knows how much I love her and appreciate all she has done in her life for me and my brothers. She truly has not been dealt the best hand at times, but has shown us how to be strong and true to her beliefs. I believe she has raised some pretty darn good kids. So if I am like my mom in any way I say that is ok. I love you mom!!!!


6 comments:

Mandy said...

I love, love, love your mom too. She is the best.

And I think we all turn into our moms. It is just part of nature.

And I cant believe you are due in 4 weeks. Crazy.

Anonymous said...

I totally love your mom! I miss her yummy Sunday dinners. Your family was always so nice and welcoming to let me come with you every week. I love when I run into your mom every now and again. She is a sweetheart. Tell her hello for me. And 4 weeks!!! Holy Cow!!! Good luck!

Courtney said...

That sounds like a pretty good compliment to me. Those crazy brothers of yours probably need another mom around anyway so it's good you are there to help out!

The Brown's said...

Erin that was really sweet! I think your mom raise some pretty great kids too!

Annelise said...

Yes, I would definitely take that as a compliment. I love your mom.

Annie said...

I loved that post. It made me cry. She seriously is one of the best people I know. I love her to death and I pretty much with you all were my siblings so I could be with you all the time so I guess that means she raised some pretty great children. I hate that we haven't hung out for more than 15 weeks cuz that is how far along I am.